Boatwise offers US Coast Guard approved Captain's license courses (NO TEST WITH THE USCG).
Most classes fill up so all interested parties are encouraged to reserve their seats early. Please check out our Class Schedules and Locations.
- In addition to the expert instruction provided, all our license classes include no charge application assistance, extra help during classes, and no charge for re-tests.
- As part of the tuition fee, we also provide digital versions of Bowditch, Coast Pilots 1, 2, 3 & 4, USCG Light Lists 1 & 2, Chart #1, Nav Rules of the Road, Distances Between Ports, AIS Info, Boatwise Delivery Checklist, hundreds of RNC Charts, and more.
approved Master 100
Gross Ton License classes
The USCG Masters License allows the holder to operate
inspected vessels as well as uninspected vessels. Any
vessel that is certified (authorized) by the USCG to carry
more than 6 paying passengers plus crew must have a Captain
who holds a Masters license. Ferry boats, harbor tours
boats, whale watch boats are examples of inspected vessels.
approved Master 100
Gross Ton Upgrade License classes
The Master 100 GT Upgrade provides an opportunity for
the holder of an OUPV (6 pak) license to raise their grade
to a Master level license. The Masters License allows
the holder to operate inspected vessels as well as uninspected
vessels. The Masters License is required by the USCG for
any inspected vessel certified to carry more than 6 paying
approved OUPV (6 pak) Captain's
Boatwise wants to make sure that all students signing
up for the OUPV class (6-pak) understand the USCG requirements
for the license. They are briefly reviewed below. If you
have any questions or have any unusual health issues,
we recommend you follow up with the USCG Regional Exam
Center in Boston at (617) 223-3040 to ensure that you
are qualified to hold the license. Examples of health
issues are color blindness, hearing loss, heart attack
or hypertension health history.
approved Launch Operator's
The USCG requires all launch operators to be licensed.
This 2 day class substitutes for the USCG exam and includes
a Safe Boating certificate and USCG applications.
US Coast Guard License Applications and Forms
You may download all the required forms here [these are all .pdf format documents. You need an Adobe Reader installed on your computer to read these files. [If you need an Adobe Reader, click here]:
Please click here
to be redirected to the USCG website where the following forms can be found on
the right side of the page:
- Application Checklist - Easy Checklist
- Application for Merchant Mariner Document (MMD), License, or Certificate of Registry -
- Merchant Marine Personnel Physical Examination Report -
- DOT/USCG Periodic Drug Testing Form - Form CG-719P
- Small Vessel Sea Service Form - Form CG-719s
- Vision, Hearing & Diabetes Criteria - Waivers/Disclaimers
- Boundary Line Points - Maine to New York